Thursday, June 4, 2009

First Birthday
















We have been home for three months and have had the best three months of our lives. Ray and I are in awe of our little girl and so grateful for the blessing that she is. She is well adjusted. She sleeps well, eats well, loves people and is very engaging and charming. We take her everywhere as she is pretty content and easy-going.
She plays peek-a-boo, makes "funny face" and loves to clap. Anytime she hears 'yay' or 'good job' she claps. Hmmm, I wonder how she made that connection. She still shows no sign of crawling or pulling up so will start occupational therapy soon. Part of it is motivation, I think. She is so content wherever she is that there seems to be little drive to move.
Otherwise she is very healthy and thriving. She has met most of Ray's family and has met one of my sisters and her family. We'll make our first big trip to Florida next week to meet the rest of my family.
I cannot adequately describe the demeanor and personality of little Rebecca. She is just the calmest, most content, most loving human being I've ever met. She is very affirming the way she looks you right in the eye, smiles and nods and reaches out. She favors boys, but really likes everyone she meets. It will be quite an adventure to see where she goes in life and what God has planned for her.
Thank you to all the family and friends who have embraced Rebecca and welcomed her to the family. Ray and I feel so blessed by the love and affection expressed it makes our hearts full.

No comments:

Post a Comment