Friday, February 6, 2009

Tentative Travel Dates!

Ok, the solid ground I was walking on yesterday just gave way again today. We received the email this morning stating the tentative travel date of Friday Feb. 27th! If that is not confirmed, then it is likely to be the following week on March 6th. Either way, its coming quickly!! So, we will be going to Hong Kong, Nanchang, Guangzhou w/connection to Hong Kong, then home again. The trip will be 12-14 days long. We will meet Rebecca in Nanchang, spend a few days there to finalize the adoption, then on to Guangzhou for our US Embassy appointment to get her passport and visa approval. Stay tuned to this blog during that time, as Ray and I hope to post updates along the way.

I am taking a quick trip to Washington D.C. next week to get our visas processed at the Chinese Embassy. I'll stay with my sister Wednesday and Thursday night; she lives just outside the city. I'll go to the embassy Thursday morning as soon as they open and request an expedited approval. For a few extra dollars they will have it ready by 2:30 pm that same day. I'll then head back to NC on Friday morning. Nice bonus, I get to see my wonderful, fabulous nephews, Jacob and Joshua and an old college buddy while I'm there.

I also have more of the FedEx story that is rather sweet and left out of yesterday's narrative. When I arrived at the FedEx station, the man who had called me earlier to tell me the status of the package came out to the lobby to ask if I found the station ok. I said "yes, and do you know what is in this package?" And he replied, "Yes ma'am I do, that there is a life-changing package you've got!" as he grinned from ear to ear. A life-changing package, indeed!!
Stay tuned...for travel date confirmation and other ramblings from this very excited mom-to-be!

No comments:

Post a Comment